Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Things I Miss

I always swore when I was little no matter how much people told me that I would regret saying I wanted to grow up, that I really wouldn't. Little did I know. Growing up has been a bittersweet thing, but I think mostly bitter. Growing up definitely has its privileges like having more freedom and driving and so forth. But honestly, I really miss being little. Almost everything about it. I know that sounds weird, but I do. Well since I know I can't go back, I thought I'd just share some of my favorite things from the late 90's/early 2000's.

~Music: The original Britney Spears. Even though I still love her, I miss the old Britney. Anyone that knows me knows how much I love Britney Spears. I know the words to literally 99% of her songs, and would die to go to a concert. I'm pretty much obsessed. I also really really loved the Backstreet Boys and Aaron Carter, but who didn't? There is so much music I miss from this time.

~TV: I have alottt of these. I was so so obsessed with Powerpuff Girls, Rugrats, and Pokemon. Yes, Pokemon. I have 3 brothers so I was used to it. I was a big fan of Full House. I also really miss Boy Meets World and Friends, even though I still watch reruns of these :)

I miss boom boxes and CD's. I remember when I got the first Kids Bop. I miss VHS tapes. I got my finger caught in the VCR once. I miss when people wore candy necklaces and snap bracelets. I miss the highly annoying furbies. I miss Friday skating parties. I miss hit clips, happy meals, and Nintendo.

I miss pretty much everything about being little. You lived in a world where nothing could go wrong. My brothers were literally my best friends. The only thing I did all day was play. Pre-school and Kindergarten were fun. There was really nothing to worry about. I think the reason I still love this music and  tv shows is because it kind of gives me that feeling of being little again. Even though I would give the world to go back to these times, I know I can't. But hanging on to these weird, certain things, gives me a good feeling and memories of the good times. I know life has a lot ahead for me. I also know that in 16 more years, I will be feeling the exact same way wishing I was 16 again. But for now, I still really want to go back 11 or 12 years. Who knows when my opinion will change. I'm interested to see. As you can tell, sometimes I get in this really sentimental mood that I can't explain :) It's weird. But also comforting. Sooo, what are some of the things you miss from your childhood 10 or so years ago? (I feel so old that I even remember 10 years ago!)

Happy Hump Day! And p.s. if you don't like my blog, or blogging in general, then don't read it. I don't really see why it's that hard to understand. Just sayin. You know who you are :)

1 comment:

  1. I want to be little again too! Loved all those things too!

    ReplyDelete