Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Amazing Amazing Weekend

This is probably going to be a pretty long post, just warning ya. I was supposed to go to school yesterday but didn't get home until 6 am and was not feeling good at all at 7:30. I figured it was just from being so tired, but I'm still feeling like that now and am not at school. I'm sure I'm going to have to take all my exams now. Lovely. Anyways, let me tell you allll about my weekend...

Friday after school I went to the gym for a little while, came home and showered, and then went to Red Palace for dinner with Mehgan, Sarah, Lauren, Clair, and Kelsey. It was delicious, but all of that food hurts my tummy. When I got home I did some of the things I needed to do to get ready for the weekend and caught up on a bunch of tv.

Saturday morning I woke up around 8:30, watched The Bachelorette from this past week, and packed for the weekend. We left around 12:30 or 1:00 and got to Cincinnati at about 6:30. We checked into our hotel, got ready, and then got ready for dinner. It was nice to be in a big city like that with most things right in walking distance. After a good dinner, we walked around a good amount of Cincinnati just exploring, and may or may not have illegally eaten cheesecake at Toby Keith's bar & grill ;) (a really funny story actually)

Sunday was a realllly busy great day! We had a good breakfast at the hotel and then went back to the room (with minor shower mishaps) to get ready. Around 1:00 we left to go to a huge mall that they had there. We stayed there until almost 3:00 and then went to the movies to see What To Expect When You're Expecting. It was such a cute, funny movie. I loved it! Then we headed back to the mall for just a little while, then had dinner at Cheesecake Factory. Which everyone knows is always delicious. Finally, it was time to head to the concert. I was so excited, I mean I had been waiting for this since Christmas. It was a sold out show so I knew it would be crazy. Every part was so good. Scotty- well I just love him. And I can't wait to go to his own concert one day. I also got a tshirt of his. ( couldn't resist) The Band Perry- they were very entertaining. I was surprised at how good of a singer the girl was. They also did a cover of Fat Bottemed Girls, which I really liked. And finally, Brad Paisley- he's in my top three, if not my favorite, country singers. Seriously. It was unbelievable I was actually seeing him. He played for two hours straight, non stop, and was so hilarious. And probably one of the best guitar players I've ever heard. It was such an amazing concert and well worth the wait. Here's a bunch of pictures and a vid.

















Brad & Scotty singing "Celebrity"
(excuse the sideways parts & the guys head in front of me ;)




1 comment: